Why is our URLSession object a variable and not a constant
I'm following a tutorial on consuming REST API's to get JSON back from a third party server. We are building out a networkProcessor class in which we will be able to use it by creating instances of this class in ViewControllers in order to make url sessions for network calls. I noticed that the author declared the session placeholder as a variable and not a constant which went against what I've learned while using Xcode which is to always consider using constants first. Is there a specific reason why the author may have chosen to make this a variable and not a constant?
Here is what I have so far:
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.